Thursday, April 1, 2010

Easter

This year for Easter I felt like there were signs of rebirth all around me. The  flowers were budding, the trees forming leaves. Baby animals all around. After the dark grey winter, we were beginning to see light. What a wonderful time to celebrate the resurrection of Christ. This year I was glad to see the Easter Bunny gave Jillian things that incorporated that. She received gardening supplies. I think it is important to teach children how plants grow from tiny seeds. To me it is amazing. In Farmington the streets are lined with huge old trees. To think that they all started as little seeds is inspiring. I have always loved the relation between faith and a seed. I truly believe that with love and nurturing, our faith with turn into a magnificent lush tree.










I stand all amazed at the love Jesus offers me,
Confused at the grace that so fully he proffers me.
I tremble to know that for me he was crucified,
That for me, a sinner, he suffered, He bled and died.
Oh, it is wonderful that he should care for me
Enough to die for me!
Oh, it is wonderful, wonderful to me!

Charles H. Gabriel

No comments:

Post a Comment