Friday, April 24, 2009

Cried Like A Baby...

When we first moved into our apartment I was thrilled to know that our next door neighbors were a young couple with a little boy Jillian's age! I couldn't wait for them to stop by and introduce themselves! I was way to shy and intimidated by their height (both over 6 ft) to make the first move. Typical me! I got too restless to wait, so I broke out of my shell and walked over one day. The rest is history.

Kyle would surf with Jesse in the evenings and on weekends. Heidi and I would spend time together during the day watching the kids. Jillian and Keanae became the best of friends. It was so nice having them right next door! We developed a very casual and comfortable relationship with each other.
Some things must come to an end.
The Alo's decided to move. Jesse is going to be doing sales for the summer in Chicago and then attend the LDS Business School in Salt Lake. Can you believe they made all of these decisions without even asking us? The nerve!

Jenn and I decided to throw a little girls night at Claim Jumper to say goodbye to Heidi. It was tons of fun and it made Heidi feel really good to know that she will be missed.


Before they headed out on the 30+ hour drive to Chicago on Friday Jillian wanted to give Keanae a little Spiderman toy to remember her by. He LOVES Spiderman.

On Saturday I was in the worst mood and could not figure out why. Finally I just excepted that it was because my bud Heidi was gone and I cried like a baby. Poor Kyle! Jillian doesn't quite get that Keanae is gone. She wanted to go ask him if he would like to go to the park with us the other day and I walked her over to their empty house in an attempt to help her understand. I don't think it worked. Just made me cry...again...

Heidi called yesterday and let me know that they got to Chicago safely despite some car problems and two crazy kids, I guess they weren't so crazy on the drive! She said it is definitely the windy city! I guess their apartment is way nice too. I am thrilled that they get to have this little adventure. We will miss them but are so grateful that we have been blessed with such good neighbors.

Here's to the memories...


2 comments:

  1. aahhh... cute post with adorable pictures! We will miss those guys too. You are a cute friend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are so sweet. I'm so bummed I missed Claim Jumper. Mutual doesn't get out until 8:30 (8:45), so by the time I had cleaned up and then picked up Trey from my parents it was 9:15. That was so nice of you to do. I'm sure she realy really appreciated it.

    ReplyDelete