Monday, April 27, 2009

Last summer in Utah Tessa and Collin invited us to Sunday dinner at Tessa's fam's house, the Brummers. Ever since then I have been dying to hear some of Judy's (Tessa's mom) stories. We were thrilled to find out that Judy was coming into town to visit and speak at a youth fireside.
Last Sunday we drove down to Cardiff to hear her speak. For those of you that don't know, Tessa's fam is South African. Her mom is a real firecracker! She gave an inspiring talk on her life experiences. She made us laugh, cry, and laugh all over again.
I know trying to do a recap on her talk will not do it any justice. But I will say a few cool things about her.
Judy is a convert to the LDS church. She converted in South Africa and later served a mission in Africa. Aside from English, Judy grew up speaking the Bushman Tribe clicking language (forgot what it's called!). Later she helped translate the Book of Mormon into click.
The Brummer family has worked through adversity with a tremendous amount of faith and love. I am honored to have had to the opportunity to hear Sister Brummer speak and am so thankful for our friendship with Tessa and Collin.
I hear that Sister Brummer has "groupies" that go to hear her speak up in Utah all the time! I would for sure be a groupie!
If you ever get the chance, don't miss out on hearing her story.

2 comments:

  1. wow!!! that's so neat! translating into click? I'm amazed. wish i could be there for this neat fireside.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the invite to your darling blog! We have one too if you want to check it out : ) http://sharliesangels.blogspot.com/

    I love great firesides, this sounds like it was a great one! Thanks for being such a good Bunko partner, I'm afraid I wasn't very good luck for you : )

    ReplyDelete