Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Crayons

When I was a child one of my favorite things to play with were crayons. I would color with them, but my favorite was to play with them like they were people. The pink, yellow, and purple crayons were girls. The black, brown, blue, and green crayons were boys. Red kind of fluctuated depending on what I needed. Also, if the crayons were broken in half, they were children. It actually got quite complicated with the children because if it was in half, blue, and had the pointed edge instead of the flat bottom... it was more than likely a girl, despite the color...

My mom clearly thought I was mad. Here she had all these dolls, barbies, etc. for me, and I insisted on playing with the cheap crayons. I think it was pretty disappointing for her considering she LOVED Barbie. Sorry Barbie, you just didn't do it for me.

I have often wondered if Jillian would ever somehow have my crazy imagination, too. Well today as she was supposed to be putting all her colors away, I saw it. There she was doing a very similar thing. She had her colored pencils as the parents, and crayons as the children. One of the crayons was going to get married and the colored pencils were discussing the "married dress". I couldn't believe my eyes! Maybe I'm not as original as I thought...

Marriage is a big one for Jillian right now. She asks Kyle and I almost everyday if we are married. She even asks randon couples. If they say yes, she then asks where their baby is. If they don't have one, she asks why. Nosy little thing isn't she?!

No comments:

Post a Comment